Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Week 6: Multi Mission: President Nelson

(In the words of mom):

I couldn't be happier or more pleased that Allie is feeling better and is happy and healthy! What a blessing! If you know Allie, she is a HUGE journal writer. I told her that I want more info! I want details! haha! I think she is  hiding it all in her journal! She said that she may have to send it home for me to read!  I know that she wishes that she had more time to write, but she only gets about an hour on Mondays to read AND write her emails. Her testimony  never ceases to amaze me! Enjoy!

(In the words of Allie (Hermana Jackson):

I'm sure you're all wondering about the title. ;) On Saturday, we woke up at 2 am to head to Managua for the Multi-mission Conference. We waited for the bus outside and.. there were peple randomly hanging a pig upside-down killing it, and skinning it...at 3:00 in the MORNING!!!!! What the?? Only in Nicaragua!.. Poor piggy. :( Anyway! We got to hear from President Nelson! :D And I got to shake his hand!! :D :D Such an inspiring man! I have no doubt that he is called of God! He talked about how we need to make sure that the first person we convert is ourselves. He told us to enjoy the ups and downs of the ride because that's what gives us the experience! He talked about tithing, and that if we want to break the cycle of poverty here in Nicaragua, AND if we want a temple, we have to teach the law of tithing. He taught us how to work more effectively with the members. Also, he spoke on eternal families, and that has been one of my most favorite principles to teach while here on the mission. :) I'm sooooooooo grateful that I have been sealed to my family for time and all eternity! That has been the one thing that has got me through all of the rough times on my mission!

Thursday: I got Chikungunya. It was awful, but I'm doing tons better now! :) I couldn't go out and work, but it was a miracle that it only took me down completely for one day! (in the words of mom: she said that she had the rash, high fever and she felt like her back was going to break in half whenever she walked- That's what I mean about wanting more details! haha!!!;)

Sunday: 7 of our investigators came to church! :) Ana, Valesca, and Valentine all arrived on their own! :) They're so positive, and they love the church!! Angela and her 3 children all arrived as well. :) At first she was very closed off and didn't want to talk with us, but she now is praying that she will be able to overcome everything and come to church:) I love them all so much! The work is great! :) 

Sorry, not much time left!! I love this gospel, and I am so grateful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He gave His life for us! If we have faith in Him, repent, are baptized, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end, we will be able to make it back to the presence of our Father in Heaven. :) Stay strong and don't give up! I love Doctrine and Covenants 50:40-44. Look it up, y'all! :) Que tengan una semana increible!

Sinceramente y con amor,
Hermana Jackson:)



 A ravine that I cross frequently!
 Twinners! We are 'gemelas'!
 After a torrential downpour!
 Platanos fritos! (Fried platanos) Allie said that she loves them, but not too many!
 Sshhh! Don't tell Lindsie! Her Birthday is in October ;) Haha!
 Grapes in our investigators yard!
 Look MOM!!! I'm eating healthy! Shakeology! ;)
 Soup from Hermana Cony! (When I had Chikungunya) :(
 My first 'naca tamale'!
 Hermana Evans and I at 4:00 in the morning!
 Subway YO!!
 Elder Jensen, Hermana Evans and I!

 Elder Copeland, next to me, is the "daddy" of our District! ;)

D&C 50:40-44

 40 Behold, ye are little children and ye cannot bear all things now; ye must grow in grace and in the knowledge of the truth.
 41 Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me;
 42 And none of them that my Father hath given me shall be lost.
 43 And the Father and I are one. I am in the Father and the Father in me; and inasmuch as ye have received me, ye are in me and I in you.
 44 Wherefore, I am in your midst, and I am the good shepherd, and the stone of Israel. He that buildeth upon this rock shall never fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment