Sunday, August 2, 2015

Week 2: Una Semana que cambio mi vida!

8/01/15


Como estan a todos?? This week I will be writing on today, Saturday, instead of Monday, because I FLY OUT MONDAY MORNING TO NICARAGUA!! :D I am so excited! I have learned so much here at the MTC. I have gotten to be so close with my district, and it breaks my heart to have to leave them. But, I know that this is the next step that I have to take! And I could not be more excited! :)

A lot has happened this week, but most of our schedule is the same every day, so there's not much to explain. However, throughout the week, we have been teaching our TRC investigator (Don't ask me what TRC stands for because I have nooooo idea...). Her name is Hely, and no one knows if she is an actual member/recent convert, or if she is actually an investigator. We taught her three times this week, and woooooah does she love to talk! ;) We connected very well. ;) She's from Guatemala and is Catholic. The first time we were teaching her, we invited her to be baptized, and she said she already was in the Catholic church with her. She has a strong desire to follow God, so we taught her to pray and we even taught her the Restauracion. It was soooo powerful! I got to recite the first vision, and I love the power of the Spirit that fills the room as soon as it is spoken. :) Just yesterday, we taught her out of 3 Nephi 11 where Christ explains baptism to the Nephites. She understood that she needed to be submerged and that it needed to be done with the right authority, so she committed to baptism. :) I'm thinking she's already a  member though..because that's the last time we see her..;) Others will be there to teach her, so it's all good! It was such an amazing experience, though! The love I felt for her was overwhelming. :)

So, on Wednesday, the new missionaries arrived!! We got to give the orientation as ZL and STL, so that was pretty fun! The best part? I still miserably mess up in Spanish. ;) I asked Hermana Nambo what raspberries was (we were introducing ourselves, and for some reason were saying our favorite fruit..) and she said zarzamoras! Of course, when it comes to my turn, I completely forget what she said, so I say the first thing that came to my mind that was relatively close, which was zanahorrias. ;) In other words, carrots are my favorite fruit. ;) Everyone got a good laugh at that, including myself! ;) It helped break the ice, so it was good. ;) We gave them a tour, and then we've been doing other meetings and interviews, so it's been tiring, but I wouldn't have it any other way! 

So, I have a challenge for everyone!! Look up on YouTube the video "Missionary Work and the Atonement". I'm not sure if that's the exact title, but it's with Elder Holland. WATCH IT. And then read Moroni 7:46-48, but replace the word "charity" with "Atonement." We did this today, and we were all bawling! The Spirit was so strong, and I can not express in my own words the gratitude that I have for my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. He gave everything for us. HIS LIFE. Of course it won't be easy for any of us! As it says in D&C 122, 7-9: "The Son of God hath descended below it all. Art thou greater than He?" I'm reciting from memory, so excuse me if some of the words are wrong. But, that scripture it's hard. We cannot expect to go through this life easily and without any troubles if the Savior of this world, the only perfect man who walked this earth, suffered more than any of us ever will.

I know Jesus is the Christ. I know He lives. He loves us, and that love is constant. It will never change! We can always lean on Him, and because of His Atonement, we can be victorious in all things. :) For the in-field orientation that we had, something hit me really hard. They explained that if we are the missionaries that Christ expects us to be--hard working, selfless, obedient, etc.--then God will put people into our lives and cause them to cross our paths, the same people that, if He were here, He would have talked to and with whom He would've shared His everlasting Gospel. We are representatives of Jesus Christ! We are here to stand in His place, only to be funnels through which He can send the Gospel message through, to His children that are ready to receive it! It's so amazing!

So... my compaƱera, Hermana Nambo, got the news that her VISA arrived late to the travels office.. so she will be going for one transfer to Fort Collins Colorado!! (VENESSA AND MEGAN!!!) She keeps saying "two missions for the price of one! ;)" She's such an example to me! She has helped me to grow spiritually, and also in my Spanish vocabulary! She means the world to me! I'm going to miss her as my companion. But we're going to have an incredible time out on the mission! :)

Well, I'm not sure what else to write. ;) I hope you are all having an amazing day and week! :) 

Sinceramente y con amor,
Hermana Jackson :)


Picture: Here's the district :) The computer only lets me send one picture..so my mom will have the rest. ;)
 














 

No comments:

Post a Comment